combining relations and objects

From: Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 13 Feb 2004 12:32:02 -0800

Hi all,

Is anybody interested in a C++ library that implements in-memory relational database? Our Relational Template Library (RTL) uses C++ specific, type safe interface (based on template meta-programming) instead of SQL, and implements the following features:

  • Columns of any C++ type or class;
  • All relational algebra operators;
  • indexing and range queries on tables and views;
  • transactions and incremental index rebuild;

The article about the library appears in the latest (March) issue of C/C++ Users Journal, and reflects the state of the library as of one year ago.

The latest code (with transaction support) can be found at:

The library is not in the production stage, although it has and passes the unit tests.

We are looking for users and feedback in order to continue this project.

Arkadiy Received on Fri Feb 13 2004 - 21:32:02 CET

Original text of this message