Re: Table design question

From: Karel Miklav <karel_at_lovetemple.adbloccker.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:19:45 +0100

Tony wrote:
> There is nothing wrong with having a one-column, key-only table -
> though I have known people who considered this to be illegal for some
> reason. On one occasion I actually had to add an additional non-key
> column (e.g. user_name for your example) just to appease them!

Thanks Tony. I redesigned a large database yesterday and introduced two one-column tables. It looks like this is just a special case of table inheritance design pattern. And if you do it too then it must be OK :)

Thank you,
Karel Miklav Received on Sat Jan 24 2004 - 12:19:45 CET

Original text of this message