Re: Interested in a moderated theory forum?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 23:16:45 -0500

"TenKMan" <Fred_at_Fred.com> wrote in message news:ALednSrYGP2II4zdRVn-uA_at_comcast.com...

> "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message
> > "Dataman" <dataman_at_ev1.net> wrote in message
> >
> > So, to answer your question, I suspect that if Bob would use logic
> instead
> > of name-calling to counter arguments he considers invalid, I'd be less
> > interested in moving to a different forum. But Bob was here well
> before me,
> > so I figure I can go to questions with people with whom I have an
> > established professional relationship for such discussions already or
> > another forum. Then when I feel I can handle the varied responses --
> > logical and otherwise -- I might try here again sometime.
>
> Damn, I understand what you are saying but there is no one on the face
> of this earth that controls me to the extent you describe and especially
> not the newsgroup ogre that is rude and demeaning. A lot of newsgroups
> have one (check out rec.backcountry for the legendary Mike V.) so it is
> not unique here. If someone really gets on your nerves, killfile them.
> Database theory is as much your newsgroup as it is anyone else's in my
> opinion.

I killfile idiots like Dawn just to save me time. It works great! I recommend it for everyone.

Dawn is either ignorant of the relational model or impervious to learning it. Either way, I have no use for wasting my time in pleasantries to stroke her ego. I pointed out to her that she is an idiot and either she is willing and able to correct her deficiency or she is not. I have nothing to lose either way. Received on Sat Jan 24 2004 - 05:16:45 CET

Original text of this message