Re: Interested in a moderated theory forum?

From: Marshall Spight <mspight_at_dnai.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 06:09:34 GMT

"Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne_at_acm.org> wrote in message news:bufp58$gepog$3_at_ID-125932.news.uni-berlin.de...

> What is probable is that, in the absence of someone
> industry-recognizable to take responsibility, the best you'll get is
> one or two peoples' sets of prejudices deciding what gets accepted or
> rejected.

Well, yes, in a way. What you get is the judgement of the moderator in deciding what is rude and off-topic vs. what is polite and on-topic. No good moderator would ever censor on the basis of technical content. I have been a participant in various moderated forums, and I have never seen such a thing, although of course it is theoretically possible.

Marshall Received on Mon Jan 19 2004 - 07:09:34 CET

Original text of this message