Re: What are we asking of a data model?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Jan 2004 17:50:57 -0800

> I'm sure we cannot get unanimous agreement on this, but can we get a good
> statement of what it is we are trying to accomplish with a data model?

Represent things.

> "which data model is most likely to yield database
> implementations that are the most cost-effective for the development and
> on-going maintenance of software applications?"

The "data model" that yields the greatest productivity is not a constant, but will evolve along with improvements in computing/memory capacity, etc. The ultimate data model is that which the universe is implemented on. It currently isn't practical for programmers, except may for god. Received on Sat Jan 17 2004 - 02:50:57 CET

Original text of this message