Re: Recursive join - blind alley?

From: Mike Sherrill <MSherrillnonono_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 07:26:24 -0500

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 21:42:03 -0000, "Mike MacSween" <mike.macsween.nospam_at_btinternet.com> wrote:

>> Tours, legs, and such seem like convenient ways to aggregate
>> performances. But, as convenient as they might be, they don't seem
>> essential to me.
>
>Very convenient. Also known as essential.

They're not essential attributes of a booking (or engagement, or performance). I toured the US as a sound engineer. We didn't have a Northern leg or a New York leg. That's one clue.

That every set of users might have a different way of talking about groups of performances is another clue.

You'd likely profit from separating the essential attributes of a booking from the admittedly arbitrary way people will talk about groups of bookings.

--
Mike Sherrill
Information Management Systems