Re: citations of nature

From: Adrian Kubala <adrian_at_sixfingeredman.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 19:40:37 -0600

Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net> schrieb:
> "Adrian Kubala" <adrian_at_sixfingeredman.net> wrote:

>> I don't believe that databasese have any general distinguishing features
>> in and of themselves -- calling something a database describes how it
>> functions in a context.
>
> Calling something a database asserts it comprises a set of facts. The
> context is irrelevant.

It sounds like we are essentially in agreement about the original question over whether databases can be found in nature, since one cannot find a "set of facts" in nature, whether one believes that facts can exist independently of anything for them to describe or not. Received on Fri Jan 09 2004 - 02:40:37 CET

Original text of this message