Re: What are we asking of a data model?

From: Dawn M. Wolthuis <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 23:53:28 -0600

"Joe "Nuke Me Xemu" Foster" <joe_at_bftsi0.UUCP> wrote in message news:1073539979.118376_at_news-1.nethere.net...
> "Dawn M. Wolthuis" <dwolt_at_tincat-group.com> wrote in message

<snip>
> Here's some empirical implementation information for you:
>
> URL:http://mcjones.org/System_R/bs12.html
>
> --
> Joe Foster <mailto:jlfoster%40znet.com> On the cans?
<http://www.xenu.net/>
<snip>

I am not able to find any experiments that were done from the description given. This does describe features of the product that were very impressive for time it was built, but there is not even a conclusion about it providing a better development environment than System R or any other database, much less an experiment to gather emperical data. I suspect I'm missing something here, so I could use more clues on where to find the emperical data at the above URL. Thanks. --dawn Received on Thu Jan 08 2004 - 06:53:28 CET

Original text of this message