Re: retrieve rows in a specified order

From: Christopher Browne <>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 18:27:41 GMT

In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, Melon <> transmitted:
> I'm new to the databases so I'm wondering why there is no concept of
> "row order" in many popular databases? There must be a reason for
> this. I thought I would find some simple commands in MySQL which would
> let me move rows up or down in a table, eg. "MOVE ROW...". Why don't
> they exist?

Maybe you should contact the vendor and ask them if they could consider adding this feature in a future release.

output = ("cbbrowne" "_at_" "")
"He who  writes the code gets  to choose his license,  and nobody else
gets to complain." -- Linus Torvalds