Database Benchmarks and Filemaker limits

From: Filipe Luis <f.luis_at_stud.fh-aargau.ch>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:56:18 +0100

Hello out there,

for a database-project I need to evaluate database systems. Not only the execution time of statements is relevant. Another important characteristic I need to know is the expected maximum number of records that a database system can handle. Till today the client used Filemaker (version 6 with ~10'000 records), but the amount of records that will be acquired in the next time will dramatically increase. Therefore I need to know when the limits of Filemaker are reached and if necessary introduce a more capable db system.

Does anybody have practical experince in this area or know where I get the needed information?

Thanks very much for your comments.

Greetings, Filipe Luis. Received on Thu Nov 20 2003 - 10:56:18 CET

Original text of this message