How to determine a relation is in BCNF?

From: Cody <notsochosen1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Nov 2003 21:49:14 -0800

I'm working on a database in java that can be used by any organization but I'm looking to gear it towards health care providers. Anyways, I want the relations to be in BCNF. I have a slight understand but I'm not quite sure how to determine if it's BCNF. How would I decompose it into BCNF if it wasn't already? I would like to be able to enter in a relation along with some functional dependencies as well. Can anyone help me out here? Does anyone have any sample C/Java code for this? Received on Thu Nov 20 2003 - 06:49:14 CET

Original text of this message