Re: Is relational theory irrelevant?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:59:14 -0500

"Paul Vernon" <paul.vernon_at_ukk.ibmm.comm> wrote in message news:bpghdg$1nec$1_at_gazette.almaden.ibm.com...
> "Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message
> > Paraphrasing the standard vocabularies:
> >
> > Information is knowledge.
>
> And that tells me what?

It tells you what you asked for. If you want to take a deconstructionist attitude that language lacks meaning, you can do so without my participation.

> > An activity is a course of events.
>
> But how is an activity anything more than information that includes time
> values?

An activity does something. Information is something but does nothing. If you refuse to comprehend or acknowledge such an obvious and fundamental difference, I see no point in continuing the discussion. Received on Wed Nov 19 2003 - 22:59:14 CET

Original text of this message