Re: OO's best feature survey results

From: Roy Hann <rhann_at_globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:44:35 +0000 (UTC)

"JXStern" <JXSternChangeX2R_at_gte.net> wrote in message news:5mucqvc1p6gu8niml2ig42qvnailoc2esj_at_4ax.com... [snip]
> For years I've watched for a class, "Relational theory for idiots",
> that would walk a class through Codd's original work, hopefully with
> some modern perspective. Never seem to find it, just "Oracle for
> idiots", etc, which is *not* the same thing.

You will be saddened to hear that the "Relational Theory" chapter in our DBA course is invariably voted the Least Useful in the course evaluations we do. (I don't think it is voted Least Useful because it is too short either--which it certainly is! :-)

I am slightly curious to know what you mean by a "modern perspective" though. I sense you mean something more than including the many developments to the theory since Codd's original 1969 paper.

Roy Hann
Rational Commerce Ltd. Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 16:44:35 CET

Original text of this message