Re: OOP - a question about database access

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 09:44:11 -0500

"Steve Haigh" <steve_a_haigh_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:nuqdnZDiqblDZzWi4p2dnA_at_giganews.com...
> Alfredo Novoa wrote:
>
> > RAD means that you can drag and drop visual controls in forms using
> > the mouse, but you still can do all the rest typing code.
>
> This is common interpretation but it is not correct. RAD is Rapid
> Application Development and is a development methodology based around
> the idea of time-boxing development tasks and only delivering what can
> be developed in that time box.

Timebox management is an abdication of management. In my experience, it consists of trying to shove ten pounds of shit into a five pound bag. I refuse to work for timebox managers, and I would quit any organization that adopts the management technique. Received on Wed Nov 05 2003 - 15:44:11 CET

Original text of this message