Re: foundations of relational theory? - some references for the truly starving

From: Costin Cozianu <c_cozianu_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 23:01:53 -0800

(Patrick Latimer) wrote:
> Anthony W. Youngman wrote:
>

>> In article <bnibhg$11vvi4$1_at_ID-152540.news.uni-berlin.de>, Costin
>> Cozianu <c_cozianu_at_hotmail.com> writes

>>> Anthony,
>>>
>>> You've got no clue about how modern DBMSes work. None (not even your
>>> Pick probably) reads 1.05 frames, 1.05 means 2.

> Sounds like a good leadin to a discussion on overflow and proper
> file sizing to me.
>
> Patrick <;=)
>
> P.S. Don't explain about frame faults, it could give him a stroke.
> The *theory* would be beyond his comprehension.

Guys you don;t have a idiotic clue. One more bycicle you claim it is invented only in the pick world.

You can only be compared to a GWBasic fan touting his language because it also have procedures.

Now common guys, I understand you're ignorant about theory, about practice and everything else that is not spelled PICK, but such a stupid infatuation in your ignorance, is hard to be excused.

I'm still waiting for the very least of a decent paper or publication to make a half-decent attempt on touting what Pick has at all, other than whatever else other DBMSes have, minus decent types, decent integrity constraints, etc, etc. Received on Thu Oct 30 2003 - 08:01:53 CET

Original text of this message