Re: foundations of relational theory?

From: Mike Preece <michael_at_preece.net>
Date: 28 Oct 2003 15:17:14 -0800

"Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_at_iahu.com> wrote in message news:<VIxnb.19$sF1.78_at_news.oracle.com>...
> "cmurthi" <xyzcmurthi_at_quest.with.a.w.net> wrote in message
> > Perhaps
> > this can evolve to a discussion of priorities and strategies in
> > application development instead of purely theoretical niceties.
>
> This contunuous practicality plea gets really annoying.

[snip

I can see that. Perhaps the essential difference is that relational theory appears to be based on the premise of "all things being equal" - and that simply flies in the face of reality.

Perhaps this discussion has more validity in a theoretical context if it is seen as an exploration of the possibilities of widening relational theory to the extent that a model is a "perfect fit" in any given specific case? Received on Wed Oct 29 2003 - 00:17:14 CET

Original text of this message