Re: foundations of relational theory?

From: Lauri Pietarinen <lauri.pietarinen_at_atbusiness.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 20:59:53 +0200

Bob Badour wrote:

>While I have observed the phenomenon of application developers looking at
>data management as foreign, I have not observed the converse. The relational
>answer to mismatch is to increase the level of abstraction of the
>application development environment to the level of the dbms.

Not true. See this quote from Date:

“A quick and admittedly not very scientific survey of a whole shelf load of database textbooks--37 in all, to be exact, including essentially all of the best-known ones--reveals the following: · Only one book had an entire chapter devoted to the topic of integrity (and even there I had severe reservations about the quality of the treatment).

regards,
Lauri Pietarinen Received on Sun Oct 26 2003 - 19:59:53 CET

Original text of this message