Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL

From: mikepreece <member31023_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:44:22 -0400

Originally posted by Alfredo Novoa

> michael_at_preece.net (Mike Preece) wrote in message

> > Correct me if I have this wrong:

> > What you're advocating instead is a function of the DBMS. It
> isn't a

> > function of the Pick DBMS.

> This is one of the many reasons because Pick is a primitive file

> procesor that does not deserve attention.

> Regards

> Alfredo

With respect Alfredo, you would probably be more accurate to say something like "I can't really comment on Pick because I haven't got the faintest idea of what it is really and I'm not interested in discussing it.". If you did say something like this instead then people couldn't accuse you of being both ignorant and arrogant - just ignorant, and we're all of us ignorant about some things more than others. There's certainly no shame in that.