Re: foundations of relational theory? - some references for the truly starving

From: Anthony W. Youngman <thewolery_at_nospam.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 21:40:29 +0100

In article <bn4ri6$rscgq$1_at_ID-152540.news.uni-berlin.de>, Costin Cozianu <c_cozianu_at_hotmail.com> writes
>Without a scientific work describing what the features are, what are the
>integrity consttraints, expressive power, is it relationally complete, is the
>language declarative, etc, etc, I'm sorry but I can only disregard your model as
>a matter of principle, just the same that we have to disregard anybody who
>claims that he has a perpetuum mobile, or he has a valid pyramidal scheme.

So we have to disregard relational as a matter of principle, too :-)

Relational has NOTHING to do with Science, and everything to do with maths.

Please tell me how I can predict the future using the relational model - please ... that way relational can be proved false, and that way relational can be proved scientific. Without that, relational is provably UNscientific.

Cheers,
Wol

Witches are curious by definition and inquisitive by nature. She moved in. "Let
me through. I'm a nosey person.", she said, employing both elbows.
Maskerade : (c) 1995 Terry Pratchett