Re: Dreaming About Redesigning SQL

From: Seun Osewa <seunosewa_at_inaira.com>
Date: 9 Oct 2003 23:17:52 -0700

dwolt_at_iserv.net (Dawn M. Wolthuis) wrote in message news:<6db906b2.0310091212.4f967cf5_at_posting.google.com>...
> I would suggest ditching the entire relational model (as both overly
> simplistic in its theory and overly complex in its implementation) and
> start with English (that is one of the other names for the GIRLS
> language). Note that language is also the starting point for putting
> data in XML documents, but it sure doesn't seem to be the starting
> point for XQuery, eh?
>
> --dawn
> Dawn M. Wolthuis
> www.tincat-group.com

Please explain further. What do you really mean? Its natural for everyone here to think every word in that post was a troll unless you explain your views more clearly. You could not have expressed a more unpopular/unsupportable combination of ideas! Exactly how would we go about using language as a query tool? Is this AI? What would the underlying model be knowing how redundant and imprecise language can be? Tell what we may have missed.

Seun Osewa Received on Fri Oct 10 2003 - 08:17:52 CEST

Original text of this message