Re: a theory of organizational intelligence

From: mountain man <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op>
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2003 00:26:47 GMT

"Paul Vernon" <paul.vernon_at_ukk.ibmm.comm> wrote in message

> "mountain man" <hobbit_at_southern_seaweed.com.op> wrote in message
> > Date foresaw the requirements ... these requirements are
> > discussed in the article on OI referenced.
> >

> > "To say it one more time, then:
> > In an ideal world, business rules would indeed be part of the data
> model --
> > there wouldn't be any artificial dividing line between the two --
> > and they would be supported directly by the DBMS"
> > -- C.J.Date (Comments on Foundation Matters, BRCommunity.com; October
> > 2001)
> >
> > http://www.mountainman.com.au/software/history/it7.html
> >

> and his book 'What Not How' is a massively more coherent (albeit quite
brief
> and undetailed) look at this topic than your articles. I suggest you read
> it.

Date spent a lifetime on database theory, writing books and articles and lecturing, etc. It would be expected that his approach would be of greater coherence. So what?

Should all others cease to think because massive coherence exists in the pioneering foot-trails of Date? Are you of the belief that there is nothing else left to learn on the topic?

Did Date ever develop any software and/or methodology to solve the problem identified in this topic?

My claim is that I have developed a tool which enables development of application system suites by means of creating and registering RDBMS objects (sp's) alone.

That the end result of such development is a production IT environment in which 100% of the organizational intelligence so physically bound, is within the RDBMS, and zero percent is remnant outside of the RDBMS.

How does it not meet Date's criteria?
Be as technical as you like.

PRF Brown
Winluck Pty Ltd.