Re: Plural or singular table names

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 20:27:34 -0400

"Larry Coon" <lcnospam_at_assist.org> wrote in message news:3F57D2BC.4EB4_at_assist.org...
> Bob Badour wrote:
>
> > Any claim to have an objective argument for one's prejudices and
preferences
> > is bunk.
>
> Prejudices sure, but preferences I'd disagree with. I
> have lots of preferences that are the result of deduction.
> But this is just digressing into semantics.

I think we can measure general preferences to a certain extent. If you ask children of a certain age for their favourite colour, they will almost universally answer "red". They also go through a stage after having mastered "went" where they use "wented" instead.

I think some things are hard-wired into the human brain, but biology is incredibly complex. It consists of chemical interactions among chemical interactions after chemical interactions among chemical interactions etc. Maybe someday we will have all the variables worked out, but until then I suspect the best we can do is measure human response.

Humans are notoriously bad self-analysers. What they say and what they do often bear little resemblence to each other. Received on Fri Sep 05 2003 - 02:27:34 CEST

Original text of this message