Re: Plural or singular table names

From: Paul <paul_at_not.a.chance.ie>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 00:26:40 +0100

"Ray Cassick \(home\)" <raycassNOSPAM_at_adelphia.net> says...

> I am from the school that says plural because the table holds multiples of
> one thing. A table that holds employee information should be called
> Employees.

And what if you have a table that holds errors or the names of dead children?

You surely want none of them, and it could be that for most of the life of the db that it holds no records.

Single is better, but it really doesn't matter if your company decides on a standard, as long as everyone sticks to it.

Paul...

--

plinehan__AT__yahoo__DOT__com

C++ Builder 5 SP1, Interbase 6.0.1.6 IBX 5.04