Re: does a table always need a PK?

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 09:27:04 -0700

"Christopher Browne" <cbbrowne_at_acm.org> wrote in message news:bj3q4j$eaohu$2_at_ID-125932.news.uni-berlin.de...
> I don't see reason to consider it mandatory to apply reduction inside
> the SQL expression for much the same reason that Common Lisp doesn't
> assume that all expressions involve REDUCE.

But Lisp is not a gospel. At least in the database world.

If a complex multiargument function can be reduced to dyadic, that's a very nice math property. It maybe worth keeping it at all cost, while trying to investigate what else maybe a problem. Received on Wed Sep 03 2003 - 18:27:04 CEST

Original text of this message