Re: does a table always need a PK?

From: Lee Fesperman <firstsql_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 00:42:52 GMT

Lennart Jonsson wrote:

> Lee Fesperman <firstsql_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:<3F510C49.2A6E_at_ix.netcom.com>...
> > Bob Badour wrote:
> > >

> [...]
>

> > > Why do think your product provides greater relational fidelity than other
> > > SQL products?
> >

> [...]
>
> > + Recursive queries
>
> DB2 support recursive queries (from what I understand, so does Oracle)
> with some restrictions. Is FirstSQL less restricted on what kind of
> recursion it allows?

Yes, and perhaps others do too. I didn't mean to imply that the last list of features were unique to FirstSQL and didn't want to get into detail arguments about whose recursive support is better.

They are features that improve relational compliance over Standard SQL, and I doubt that other SQL DBMSs provide more than 4.

--
Lee Fesperman, FirstSQL, Inc. (http://www.firstsql.com)
* The Ultimate DBMS is here!