Re: Fundamental Data Types?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 12:35:54 -0400

"Dave Ulmer" <daveulmer_at_ccwebster.net> wrote in message news:bg7afn$k6ks5$1_at_ID-186663.news.uni-berlin.de...

> "Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message
> > In database theory, data types are fundamental. Can you suggest any data
> > types that are not fundamental?
> >

> I was thinking along the line that Time would be fundamental where
> Acceleration would be less fundamental since it is a function of Time.
>
> Living things sense Time and Acceleration, are they both fundamental?

Isn't time just the square root of distance per acceleration? Ignoring pendula, I suppose one could measure time without acceleration. Perhaps, time is distance per velocity. Maybe, energy per power?

In all seriousness, one chooses what one wants to choose as fundamental. Pick whatever axioms you want and go from there. Received on Wed Jul 30 2003 - 18:35:54 CEST

Original text of this message