Re: Fundamental Data Types?

From: Paul Vernon <paul.vernon_at_ukk.ibmm.comm>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 10:05:12 +0100

"Dave Ulmer" <daveulmer_at_ccwebster.net> wrote in message news:bg7afn$k6ks5$1_at_ID-186663.news.uni-berlin.de...

> "Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message
> > In database theory, data types are fundamental. Can you suggest any data
> > types that are not fundamental?
> >

> I was thinking along the line that Time would be fundamental where
> Acceleration would be less fundamental since it is a function of Time.
>
> Living things sense Time and Acceleration, are they both fundamental?

I think you should ask a physicist about what is fundamental or not.

Newton would have said that time, distance and mass are fundamental whereas speed, acceleration, inertia etc are not.

I'm not saying it's not an interesting question, but may I ask why you want to know this and why ask in this newsgroup?

Regards
Paul Vernon
Business Intelligence, IBM Global Services Received on Wed Jul 30 2003 - 11:05:12 CEST

Original text of this message