Re: OMG's Common Warehouse Metamodel

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: 21 Jul 2003 03:20:44 -0700

"Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com> wrote in message news:<Y%XRa.13$v6.112_at_news.oracle.com>...

Thanks for your reply.

> I have a simple rule that would spare you from doing a lot of research:
>
> If an "innovation" is an aggregate idea of some special interest group, or
> comittee, just discard it.

It is what I did after peeking in several specifications, but I wanted to know more opinions.

Some people told me that so many "experts" coming from well known companies can't be wrong (a variation of: Eat shit, 20 billion flies can't be wrong :).

> OMG, in particular, is responsible for nonsence like CORBA, that IMO
> destroyed it's credibility it (if ever had any).

Agreed, but I don't think CORBA is among their greatest nonsenses.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Mon Jul 21 2003 - 12:20:44 CEST

Original text of this message