Re: Data migration among different databases

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 18:00:34 -0400

"MKumar" <manojkumar_net_at_rediffmail.com> wrote in message news:e2f256a5.0307090419.2b20e589_at_posting.google.com...
> Can anyone tell me the links or papers related to disscussing
> data transformation or migration from Relational to OO Data Model and vice
cersa.

Object class ::= data type
Relational domain ::= data type
Object extent ::= unary relation
N-ary relation has no corresponding OO concept Relational algebra/calculus has no corresponding OO concept

While there really is no such thing as a generally accepted "OO Data Model", most proposed OO Data Models are variants of the network data model with support for user-defined types. Received on Thu Jul 10 2003 - 00:00:34 CEST

Original text of this message