Re: Distributed foreign keys (was Re: Category Types)

From: Paul Vernon <paul.vernon_at_ukk.ibmm.comm>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 16:17:03 +0100

"Bob Badour" <bbadour_at_golden.net> wrote in message news:S74Na.244$6t7.30924927_at_mantis.golden.net...
> I think a 'standard catalog' straw man project would be very informative.
> You suggested it. When are you going to kick it off? <g>

Well the postings here are some kind of start. Although I'm not sure that this is the best place to work on such matters. I'm thinking that some Wiki pages could work better. It would allow the building up of such a straw man (in contrast to the tearing down that newsgroups are good at :-). Any ideas?

The second thing is that when I look into matters of the catalog, things start to get err, interesting.
Not least because, for me at least, it gets tied up with the idea of a database algebra (amongst other things), which is a problem as the TTM does not cover such a thing, and frankly would need not insignificant revisions to do so.

I guess I want to get my various straws looking roughly man shaped before going for a kick off.

Regards
Paul Vernon
Business Intelligence, IBM Global Services Received on Fri Jul 04 2003 - 17:17:03 CEST

Original text of this message