Re: Category Types

From: Abdullah Kauchali <someone_at_someplace.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 00:39:17 +0200

> I work at a university whose whole cirriculum is based on modeling ...
>
> >> where the UML (Class diagram) is the point of departure and that
> based on the UML, the data model is *derived*? <<
>
> and we are ORM, not UML. The UML is too flawed to use. See Terry
> Halpin's articles for the details.

Joe,

Thanks for the links and I have also bookmarked your site as favourites after reading some superb articles.

Is there a good article that shows clear conceptual differences in ORM and entity relationship modeling? Or are they the same?

I begin my humble typical database projects with my trusted old ERwin. Should I be considering ORM?

Regards

Abdullah Received on Mon Jun 23 2003 - 00:39:17 CEST

Original text of this message