Re: Transactions: good or bad?

From: Bob Badour <bbadour_at_golden.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 02:07:08 -0400

"Costin Cozianu" <c_cozianu_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bcm7iq$kh54a$1_at_ID-152540.news.dfncis.de...
> > Well, you surprise and disappoint me, Costin. You lack either the balls
or
> > the intellectual honesty after all.
>
> Oh, great, that's quite an achievement. If I managed to disappoint you,
> then I must have done something right.
>
> You might reconsider the chess problem, at least that should be simple
> enough for you to digest. Or maybe you have an excuse that you don't
> know chess well enough, but then you shouldn't comment.

I don't need excuses; I know chess well enough. You might want to reconsider the halting problem with respect to chess, though. The halting problem seems central to your own philosophical arguments. (Not that your beliefs and philosophical arguments have any real bearing on Alfredo's strictly factual statements.)

> As to what regards computers being proven superior to humans (in certain
> areas of course), that's another BS statement of the day.

Okay, smarty pants -- sum 1,000,000 random integers. Tick, tick, oops, my computer beat you. Would you like a rematch?

Perhaps you would like to reconcile your and Girard's dogma regarding automated theorem proving with the theorem proved by computer after eluding human proof for decades? Received on Tue Jun 17 2003 - 08:07:08 CEST

Original text of this message