Re: Bridging the gap between application and proof

From: Benjamin Johnston <superhero_at_benjaminjohnston.com.au>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 12:37:27 +1000

Your posting sounds off-topic for comp.databases.theory, but might be more suited to comp.theory.

I'm, not an expert on this kind of stuff, but...

A while ago, I attended a talk where John Crossley pointed out that functional programs are basically proofs that are executed. His homepage is here - there are several papers that sound like they're about directly turning proofs into code;
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~jnc/

Also, you might be interested in;
http://www.research.avayalabs.com/user/wadler/papers/frege/frege.pdf (though, that document focusses primarily on types and not the code itself)

Whereas logic programming is basically automatic theorem proving.

-Benjamin Johnston