Re: What is this model technique called

From: Karel Miklav <karel_at_inetis.spppambait.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 08:58:01 +0200

Jarson wrote:
> I understand that this type of design can be very dangerous and there is a
> real risk of it infecting the rest of the design. But then in some cases
> the alternative requires constant change to the data model.

Don't know about dangerous; lots of folks designig applications with CASE tools move business logic into applications themselves. I do this and I don't know the way around it in cases like this, when metadata is involved.

But the marriage of relational model and metadata is a story by itself, I gess...

Regards,
Karel Miklav Received on Fri Jun 13 2003 - 08:58:01 CEST

Original text of this message