Re: Relational Catalog (was Re: Database Builders, Code Generators, On-Topic?)

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: 9 Jun 2003 05:02:53 -0700

Kenneth Downs <ken_remove_underscores_downs_at_downsfam.net> wrote in message news:<8rvgbb.7t5.ln_at_mercury.downsfam.net>...

> What can you tell me about your catalog?

Not a lot. It does not have anything special.

I designed it taking the Principle of Orthogonal Design into account.

But Hugh Darwen told me recently that Date and himself are reconsidering the POOD.

I also have doubts about the representation of expresions, like views, constraints, operators code, etc.

I am representing expressions with directed acyclic graphs represented by relations, but I am not sure about it is a good approach.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Mon Jun 09 2003 - 14:02:53 CEST

Original text of this message