Re: rank algoritme - best bet search

From: jack_dull <jack_dull_at_163.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 07:36:52 +0800

Hi pete,

I'm not sure if your question is really about "rank" that can be handled efficiently by OLAP. SQL SERVER 2000 has no SQL/OLAP extenstion. But Microsoft Analysis service is a both OLAP and dataming product. There are plenty of documents and tutorials about rank functions that you can search at google with the key words "rank SQL OLAP".

It seems that your problem is related to association rule that is part of dataming. There is a brief introduction at http://dsl.serc.iisc.ernet.in/~vikram/mining.html. Another General Survey about "Algorithm for Association rule Mining" is http://www.acm.org/sigs/sigkdd/explorations/issue2-1/hipp.pdf. microsoft.public.sqlserver.datamining is a news group about datamining.

It seems that your question can be divided by two different parts: Firstly, how to find associate rules. Secondly, how to use those associate rules.

I hope those information can be any help for you.

Best regards,

Jack Received on Sun Jun 08 2003 - 01:36:52 CEST

Original text of this message