Query from program is much slower than sql client.

From: Nico Zigouras <nicozigouras_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Jun 2003 18:22:08 -0700

Hi folks:

This may seem like a simple question with an obvious answer but I am perplexed by it. I have a query that when I run in my Oracle 9i client (SQLPlus or Tora), runs very quickly, giving me results instantly. But if I run it from a coded program in Java (JDBC) or Perl (DBI), it takes a minute to display the results. I am thinking this has to do with the client holding cursors or something else but I think I am missing something. Thanks in advance for your insight. Received on Thu Jun 05 2003 - 03:22:08 CEST

Original text of this message