Re: The Transrelational Model

From: Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra <lgcdutra_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 04:32:18 +0200

On Fri, 30 May 2003 08:02:53 +0200, Karel Miklav wrote:

> Folks must have gone somewhere; well, it's summer. This is what I dug
> out: Required Technologies seem to be called TransRelational now. The
> term is also used by Chris Date in the titles of his seminars, ie.:
> "Recent Developments in Database Technology: Type Inheritance, Temporal
> Data and the TransRelationalâ„¢ Model". And don't overlook the TM - there
> must be a reason he uses the buzzword with strings attached :)

        Yes, basically this seems to be a name for ReqTech's patented method of storage for relational DBMSs. This means big bucks; they aren't even talking to small software houses interested in having a valid D with good performance, but only with potential *big* customers like Visa, WallMart...

> It looks like multidimensional databases are the next big thing, at
> least in marketing strategy. It is a step towards the holographic
> paradigm and I hope they know how to succesfuly implement it on a
> digital machine...

        I didn't follow the jump in you text, meaning from TransRelational to multidimensional.

--
Leandro Guimarães Faria Corsetti Dutra