Re: Queries as data

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 14:57:24 -0700

"Pierre Pönisch" <Pierre.Poenisch_at_Informatik.TU-Chemnitz.de> wrote in message news:bb24hs$bsk$1_at_narses.hrz.tu-chemnitz.de...
> the idea is that you can store sql queries as an attribute in a table.
> When you later want to retrieve this attribute the querie is processed
> and you will get the result of this querie as the value of this attribute.

A query normally returns a set of values. You have to constrain your stored queries to be "scalar".

> In my opinion treating "queries as data" is very dangerous, because
> the query can also be a delete or drop or something like that. You can
> also create recursions.

Query can't delete or update anything. It is just a question that we ask and that doesn't have any sideffects on the outside world. Received on Wed May 28 2003 - 23:57:24 CEST

Original text of this message