Re: New theories on how we are artificial intelligence.

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 May 2003 13:47:42 -0700

> > > People here believe that we are tuples in a huge database.
> >
> > Yes, but they are not talking about a relational database where a
> > tuple's degree is restricted by the relation(table) that it belongs
> > to.
>
> If one didn't particularly care what names relation variables are given, then
> tuples of any degree and of any type can be freely put in a relational
> database.

It is true that tuples with a relation (table) can have any arbitrary degree but they all must be of the same degree. It is possible that different tuples with in a single relation can have different degrees?

> The set of relation variable declared (and named) in a relational database is
> basically another kind of constraint. It restricts the tuple types that can be
> held by the database.

Is this similar to the name of a set defining the type of its elements?

> If you have no restriction on the tuple types you want in your database,
> then define a database where you don't need to give each relvar
> a particular name...

Couldn't a tuple be restricted by its attributes alone, where the relation it belongs to is no different that any other attribute? Or looking at it the other way, doesn't a tuple simply belong to multiple relations? Received on Mon May 19 2003 - 22:47:42 CEST

Original text of this message