Re: Table / row lock strategy

From: RayD <member23441_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2003 18:41:00 +0000

Well do you really need them locked the whole time? What did you update in the first connection that needs to be rolled back of the second connection fails? If the answer is ' I didn't update anything', then I don't think you really need such a transaction. The other post offers an idea, an optimisitic lock strategy, but you'd have to define what to do if you get to the point of updating something and determine that the row has changed between retrieve and update.

--
Ray DiMarcello