Re: Do Data Models Need to built on a Mathematical Concept?

From: Neo <neo55592_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 6 May 2003 18:30:47 -0700

> > > Well, I just don't see this happening.
> > > When do you *ever* need to be able to do that?
> >
> > Nearly all humans, in the past, now, and in the future do this
> > practically every single day of their life: related things, any two
> > things in various types of relations.
>
> You think? Any two things whatsoever?
> Relating arbitary things is not how the mind works.

The first day a child goes to school, he is told about an abitrary symbol consisting of two long lines and one short. That arbitrary symbol has an arbitrary sound made by holding the mouth in an arbitrary shape. The symbol belong to an arbitrary set consisting arbitrarily of 25 more similar symbols. And they all have an arbitrary position within that set. Or do you find some order in ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ? Received on Wed May 07 2003 - 03:30:47 CEST

Original text of this message