Re: newbie: using id's or total desciption

From: Mirko Koenig <koenig_at_v-i-t.de>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:01:46 +0200

On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:58:01 +0200, Bernard Peek wrote:

> In message <b89n3o$f38$1_at_news.tu-darmstadt.de>, Mirko Koenig
> <koenig_at_v-i-t.de> writes
>
>> If i change the name1 part of the
>>customer data, but the customer istself is the same, i only made a
>>spelling mistake, the statistic would be 'wrong' if i do it by counting
>>on name1.
>>
>>If i use the id it can be wrong beacause the whole data can be changed.
>>
>>I agree with your opinion that a should store all beccessary data about
>>the customer and the articles but how to do statistics.
>>
>>I think at this point i have to make an compromise or give the user a
>>selection by what data he wants to make his statistics
>>
>>What do you think about This?
>
> I think you should have already have asked the users what they want.
> It's their decision. When you have agreed the specifications for the
> system you can start coding.

Is it legitimately if i make my statistics by id and point this out in the docu. So i tell the users that if they change a customers data they should have in mind that the statistics all can be wrong from than on.

I can't ask the users what they want because i have no;-) I'm making this thing to provide an alternativ to the big accounting/sales software on the market.

Mirko Koenig Received on Fri Apr 25 2003 - 19:01:46 CEST

Original text of this message