Re: Do Data Models Need to built on a Mathematical Concept?

From: Alfredo Novoa <alfredo_at_ncs.es>
Date: 25 Apr 2003 02:57:01 -0700

kellizer_at_hotmail.com (Ian) wrote in message news:<17ce58cf.0304240518.34ebfe22_at_posting.google.com>...
> Do Data Models Need to built on a Mathematical Concept?

The "Data Model" concept is a mathematical concept.

But the term is not very fortunate. I would be better it were called "Theory of Data"

> Example, The relational model has set theory.

The Relational Model IS the application of predicate logic and set theory to the data management camp.

Regards
  Alfredo Received on Fri Apr 25 2003 - 11:57:01 CEST

Original text of this message