Re: XML extensions to SQL

From: Paul Vernon <paul.vernon_at_ukk.ibmm.comm>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 23:17:04 +0100

"Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com> wrote in message news:kwZna.7$bd1.141_at_news.oracle.com...
> Next, do SQL users
> really want adding XML mess into already messy language?

Speaking personally, if it hastens the end of SQL as the predominate relational style language then I'm all for it ;-)

On the other hand, I'm sure that the XML stuff raises interesting questions and provides some interesting answers, albeit with some percentage of both being wrong-headed.

Also, if I happen to get some features, like maybe multiple-update or say better optimised recursive queries, that bring some parts of SQL and SQL implementations closer to a relational ideal, then I would take some solace.

Regards
Paul Vernon Received on Sun Apr 20 2003 - 00:17:04 CEST

Original text of this message