Local database file

From: Dps <servis_at_deslab.ntua.gr>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 18:34:02 +0300

Hi all,

i am fresh new to this group, if it is not the right place, redirect me, please :-)

 I am programming a file access object for large chuncks of data. As far as I have looked into it, I have seen that server-side databases store data in a file and data trees in other files. I want a single file with all the data included. I have programmed a rather good (and fast) way to map data in memory using really small arrays, which only depend on record fragmentation within the file. I want to save these arrays in tables of themselves in the database, and "a table for tables" which my program will read when the file is opened. I have the following questions: Is there another way to do it?
Should I save the tables at the end and retrieve them from there when the program loads? Should I constantly flush these tables so as to maintain data integrity?

Thanks

dimitris Received on Wed Apr 16 2003 - 17:34:02 CEST

Original text of this message