Simple ER problem cant figure out how to model

From: chris <xnuus_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2003 16:54:44 -0700

Hi

    Okay here's one, I'm try to create an ER model for a hotel system, I have 3 types of room 'single' 'double' 'twin' with two price bands 'A' and 'B'. single uses price band 'A' double and twin uses band 'B'. the prices change every month so for example:

price band A

Jan= $100 per/night
Feb= $101
Mar= $105
Apr= $108

.
.
.

Dec= $102

price band B

Jan= $150
Feb= $151
Mar= $155
Apr= $158

.
.
.

Dec= $152

Now I just can see what is an entity and what is an attribute, any ideas of how to think of this ? Obviously room is an entity, its the price Im having difficulty with, is price band an attribute of entity room for instance ?

CP Received on Sat Apr 12 2003 - 01:54:44 CEST

Original text of this message