Re: Expressing SQL in relational algebra

From: Eric Junkermann <eric_at_deptj.demon.co.uk>
Date: 8 Apr 2003 03:51:35 -0700

neo55592_at_hotmail.com (Neo) wrote in message news:<4b45d3ad.0304071203.1c81def_at_posting.google.com>...
> I was looking for a systematic way to represent arbitrary
> relationship(s) between any two arbitrary things in a database.

Why? i.e. what real-world requirement will this address?

> When traversing the
> table containing the subject, verb, and object, I would have
> difficulty in determining what tables the guids were related to.

No matter what sort of system you implement this in, you are mixing data and meta-data and you will have to have dynamic statement generation in whatevver language is used.

Eric Received on Tue Apr 08 2003 - 12:51:35 CEST

Original text of this message