How to verify that a connection to the Database has been closed?

From: Amardeep Verma <addverma_at_email.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2003 23:22:46 -0800

Hi,

   We are using ADO to connect to MS-SQL Server 6/7/8/200. Now it is required to verify that the connection has been droped/closed by the application, when the application is closed. There might be the case, that the database closes the connection, but the client still has the connection open.

   The requirement is such that, the user sitting on the client, verifies that there are no connections open to the DATABASE SERVER. The Sticking point is that user should not execute any query on the SQL Server to locate this information. He should get this information from his machine ONLY.

   So, Is there any way to find out from the OS running on the client's machine, the number to open database connections? Is there a utility avaliable somewhere to do this job? Or will I have to write a code for it?

     All Suggestions will be welcome. Please mail me directly if you wish or reply to this post.

Thanking you
Amardeep Verma Received on Tue Mar 25 2003 - 08:22:46 CET

Original text of this message