Help!

From: laura <laura_andrews69_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 12 Mar 2003 13:48:39 -0800

I am trying to build a library database that will eventually be searchable on an intranet.

I need to catagorise four different types of artifacts: books, maps, brochures and industry standard documents.

So far i have made four tables, one for each. Each table's primary key is an auto-generated number from ms access.

The fields for each table are as follows:

books: Title, author(s), publisher, year of publication, keywords, classification

maps: area, code, publisher, year, keywords, classification

brochures: name of supplier, title, year, keywords, classification

industry standards: title, author, standard number, year of publication, keywords, classification.

have i set up the tables correctly? can anyone suggest how i go about creating the relationships so i can start inputting the data? i envisage that most users will search using the keywords field. the classification field is a library system of letter and number that represents topics.

please help!
Laura Received on Wed Mar 12 2003 - 22:48:39 CET

Original text of this message